Sunday, January 02, 2005


I know it's cheesy, i know it's old. I know I am tired and my writing will be crappy no matter how hard I try, but I have to do it! I owe it to the sights and wonders I encountered this last year! There are so many things to be grateful for. We are done writing 2004. We all look back and decide if we want to do better in this brand new year, or if we are pretty happy and we just want to polish a few details. For the most part I am glad this one is over. I had almost too much excitemenmt for my little heart to bear, yet I long for what is year to come. So many things happened:
  • I started the year with an engagement rign on my finger.
  • I left home to go back to a job I hated
  • I was diagnosed with depression (???)
  • I made it through the year and my depression vanished in the distance along with the sight of my workplace as I left it behind for good.
  • My heart was touched in so many different ways by a few dozen children who gave their teacher more that I could have possible have given them.
  • I met wonderful people from all over the world, friends for life, and we all happily shared cultural shocks and accents. I could not have done it without them.
  • I longed for a long distance phone call every night from the man I learned to love mroe and more every day of the year.
  • I feared and doubted my own strenght, but my faith grew at a pace I had never witnessed before. I saw His hand holding me up every single day.
  • I conquered the immigration services of my now home country, and in less than a year, the paperwork was done. (A big miracle unvelied in front o my eyes, just a step at a time).
  • I married the man with the tenderest heart I have ever encountered, in a perfect wedding.
  • I became a stepmom to an 8 year old who turns 9 tomorrow. (Happy Bday Lydia!)
  • I moved three times in a year, so to speak, and I am now home...

And so much more, but in a nutshell thats as short as I can go without putting you to sleep. I have (WE HAVE!) now a whole new year in front of us. One full of challenges and pleasant surprises that await us in the dark. The fun is just starting ... :)

2 Comments:

Blogger SirPatrick said...

tenderest heart... that's an amazing compliment... thank you for making it easy to love you. I'm just glad I was 'with' you every step of the way last year and I look forward to many more wonderful years together.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Celestissima said...

Too much sugar here!!!
Kidding :P

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter