Friday, January 07, 2005

Love actually



Sam:
"But you know the thing about romance is people only get together right at the very end. "

The 2003 movie, "Love Actually" surprised me when it became one of my favorite romantic comedies. Those British people suffer once in a while from some sparks of humor I actually get, and they prove in this movie that, maybe they are not as cold as we always think of them. The central theme of the movie is to show, through a series of interlinked stories, that love actually, is all around!
This particular quote comes from Sam, who crazy in love, discussedsthe complications of love with his stepdad (Liam Neeson). From the first time I heard this phrase, I thought it was one of the wisest things I ever heard. Just think... if couples got together at the beginning of the movie/fairy tale/soap/life, with no obstacle to conquer, and no hard work, would the journey be as enjoyable ? Would they appreciate each other as much when they get to be face to face?

I've heard people wonder at times (including Yours Truly): What was God thinking when he created us, loved us, and then pushed us into a World packed with distractions and obstacles just to see if we would come back to Him? Why take the chance? Why didn't He just created us specifically to love and worship Him happily ever after? No complications; no hate, no crime, no death, no famine... but Sam opened my eyes. What would be so gratifying about a romance like this? I certainly would not liked to be loved by my husband because he knows no different.
The journey increases the excitement of the most intense love. Every obstacle leads us to a bigger pleasure in the end. God wanted us to love Him by choice. He hoped we would conquer obstacles to finally reach His arms one day, and experience wholly our Romance, for all eternity.

5 Comments:

Blogger SirPatrick said...

You know what... I do know different and I'm glad I chose you to love.... and I think because of the love we share I get the slightest of glimpses of what God was thinking when He put us here with the chance we may not end up loving Him

It's barely the beginning of understanding, but when love is shared freely without obligation... it really is an amazing thing, and worth the risk (whatever that might be). I have a feeling God knew what He was doing ;)

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love Actually, because a favorite of mine also, even though one of the couples doesnt meet under the very best of circumstances, they still are just so innocent with each other it is adoreable! And a romantic movie like that can't help but bring a smile to your face!
~Natalie
http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=PrincessSPLAT

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://hwibqtxy.com/cusd/krmm.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://tvmzipmw.com/klpo/inpn.html]Cool site[/url]

2:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

2:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://hwibqtxy.com/cusd/krmm.html | http://beqlljdh.com/btbi/ocpg.html

2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter