Monday, January 24, 2005

The male logic

Men do not understand that not denying something that has been stated, is stating it themselves. At least from my womanly perspective.

When a female lets out the so dreaded words such as "I'm fat." , "This does not look very good on me.", or "My breath stinks." in all of its possible variations, the role of a nearby male is to deny it with all their might, and make sure we buy it. Sympathetic smiles, suggesting another dress or handing us a mint does not make us happy. Problem solved... not. The much recurred "yeah, I've been gaing some weight myself" could be cutting it close to painful divorces and break ups. I understand your thinking, males, but that does not lead me to believe you understand ours. Leave your logical minds aside, for crying out loud; we are WOMEN.

So, in cases like these (be careful to identify a positive case) the basic key is to simply deny it. Prove us wrong even if we are not. You'll save yourself a few hours , or even days, of silent misery wondering "What did I say?".


3 Comments:

Blogger SirPatrick said...

As a man, I am realizing that I have much to learn...

I'm very thankful that I have a wife that is well equipped to help me along the way.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Celestissima said...

And bossie! How luckie you are Patrick!
kidding Gwen :P

12:25 PM  
Blogger Allerious said...

You either need to grow up or stay in the kitchen for the rest of your life and not bother men with this kind of nonsense.

You're fat, by the way.

4:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter